Resume: leadership & awards
Leadership, awards, clubs, charities, volunteering
We suggest to have these as separate sections or merge them into one.
- Make sure it's clear how important your awards are.
- Make sure the competition scope is clear: city-level, country-level, regional, or global.
- Clarify how many people or teams participated in the competition.
- If your award is not internationally well-known then readers will likely assume the award is not international and very small. Make sure to clarify the importance. See Ridiculous Resume Rule.
- Make sure your international competitions are clearly visible. You can separate local and international awards into 2 different sections.
- Many competitions give 1st and 2nd place to many people and “2nd place” can be understood as a prize given to tens of people. If you are the only person who got 2nd place say “absolute 2nd place”.
- Rewrite “First”, "Second", etc as “1st”, "2nd" etc so that it’s easier to see what awards were more impressive.